Olive oil is a natural oil extracted from olives, which is the fruit of the olive tree. It is considered a major part of the Mediterranean diet since it contains monounsaturated fatty acids, which are known to be healthy. Apart from reducing your risk of chronic diseases, olive oil is also great for the skin. Research suggests that the oil is naturally high in squalene, an oil that mimics your skin’s natural sebum, which leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. Olive oil is full of antioxidants that prevent cellular damage and help fight environmental skin damage. Apart from being great for the skin, olive oil can also do wonders for your hair.
Benefits of Olive oil:
- Reduces the chances of chronic disease
- Prevents cellular damage
- Treats inflammation and acne
- Enhances skin elasticity and reduces wrinkles
- Helps regenerate skin cells to fade scars
- Moisturizes and softens hair and also prevents split ends
How to use Olive Oil:
- Apply it directly to your skin as a moisturizing lotion.
- To exfoliate the face and body and treat areas of dry or scaly skin, mix olive oil and sea salt to make a scrub.
- To remove eye makeup, just add olive oil to a cotton ball and gently wipe the eye area.
- Dab the oil around the eye area at night or following sun exposure to prevent wrinkles
- Massage undiluted oil on to your skin to treat hyperpigmentation
- Massage warm oil over your fingers to soften cuticles
- Apply the oil to treat dry areas on your scalp and to bring shine to your hair
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any carrier oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.