Lemongrass essential oil is extracted from the leaves and stocks of a tropical, citrus-y lemongrass plant. Used as a popular tool in aromatherapy, lemongrass essential oil is known to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression, promoting mental wellbeing as well as relaxing the body. With anti-bacterial properties, this oil is used to treat scars and wounds and is very effective against drug-resistant bacteria. It also offers an alternative to synthetic pain relieving drugs and as it reduces inflammation.
- Antibacterial properties
- Antifungal properties
- Acts as a pain reliever
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety
- Helps relieve headaches and migraine
How to use Lemongrass essential oil:
- Diffuse 3-4 drops of oil and enjoy the benefits along with the fresh aroma.
- Dilute it with carrier oil to apply topically for moisturized and nourished skin.
- Dilute it with a carrier oil to use it in massage therapy.
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Dilute with carrier oil before use. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any essential oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.