Ylang Ylang is a yellow, star-shaped flower that grows on the Cananga tree. Its aroma is fruity, flowery, and rich. Used in aromatherapy applications, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is known to soothe feelings of stress, anxiety, sadness, tension, and sleeplessness. Its delicate and powerful scent, promotes positive feelings of cheerfulness and optimism, thus uplifting the mood. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is known to balance and regulate oil production in the skin and hair, while also soothing inflammation and irritation. It enhances circulation, encourages the growth of new skin and hair, contributes and maintains hydration, conditions, and prevents infections. Apart from this, Ylang Ylang Essential Oil effectively facilitates the healing of wounds, enhances the health of the nervous system, reduces the stress exerted on the nerves, balances blood pressure levels, and stabilizes the heart rate.
- Boosts mood
- Reduces depression
- Promotes relaxation
- Alleviates anxiety
- Lowers blood pressure
- Decreases heart rate
- Stimulates oil production in the skin and on the scalp
- Encourages the growth of new skin and hair
- Helps reduce the chances of causing potential nervous disorders.
How to use Ylang Ylang essential oil:
- Diffuse it in the room to boost your mood and promote relaxation.
- Dilute and apply to the skin to maintain its health and to reduce signs of aging.
- Dilute and massage it into the scalp and down the strands of your hair to promote shiny hair, prevent tangles, soothe dandruff, and reduce chances of hair loss.
- Use the oil to create an aromatic bath that is rejuvenating and relaxing.
- Use it in a massage blend to soothe tired muscles.
- Mix it with other carrier oils and use it as a lotion to lift, tone, and heal the skin.
- Apply the oil to a tissue or cloth and inhale it to promote relaxation and lower blood pressure.
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Dilute with a carrier oil before use. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any essential oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.