Widely known as the “King of Nuts”, almonds are nutrition powerhouses. It is said that nearly half of a dried almond’s weight is oil. Almond oil is packed with vitamins and minerals including magnesium, phosphorus, and copper. The antioxidant-rich oil is known for its free radical fighting abilities. It’s anti-inflammatory and it is known to boost immunity. Almond oil contains omega-3 fatty acids, which might help maintain healthy cholesterol levels and improve memory. It may also help lower your risk for diseases like cancer and heart disease. Sweet Almond oil is also full of vitamins A and E, which also makes it great for the skin. It makes a soothing moisturizer that treats acne, improves the complexion and skin tone, protects the skin from sun damage, reduces signs of aging and fades scars.
Benefits of Sweet Almond oil:
- Lightens under eye circles, fades scars, improves complexion
- Relieves symptoms of sun exposure, eczema, acne and rashes
- Restores damaged hair
- Heals chapped lips, cracked heels and dry feet
- Boosts immunity
- Promotes heart health
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels
How to use Sweet Almond oil:
- Apply it to the skin and body as a moisturizer for softer, smoother skin.
- Rub on elbows, feet and other areas to heal dry skin.
- Use almond oil as a carrier oil to dilute essential oils when you’re applying them to the skin.
- Mix almond oil with mashed avocado and then smooth it on damp hair for a hydrating hair treatment.
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any carrier oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.