Spearmint Essential Oil is extracted by steam distillation of flowering tops of the spearmint plant, whose scientific name is Mentha spicata, which is believed to be the oldest of the mint family. Used topically and cosmetically, the antioxidant quality of Spearmint Essential Oil reduces the appearance of wrinkles and skin imperfections, such as discoloration. This oil works well as an antiseptic for wounds and ulcers as it prevents them from becoming septic while also helping them to heal faster. It is also known for its to relieve spasms, relieve stress, regulate menstruation and treat asthma.
- Good for digestive upsets
- High in antioxidants
- May improve memory
- Fights bacterial infections
- Helps reduce stress
How to use Spearmint essential oil:
- Diffuse 3-4 drops of oil and enjoy the benefits along with the fresh aroma.
- Dilute a few drops into bath water to reduce inflammation, fatigue and tiredness
- Dilute a few drops into your lotion for increasingly moisturized skin,
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Dilute with carrier oil before use. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any essential oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.