Sesame seed oil is an edible vegetable oil derived from sesame seeds. It has antioxidant, anti microbial and anti inflammatory properties which are beneficial to the skin. It can also be used to provide hair and scalp nourishment. Besides being used as a cooking oil, it is used as a flavor enhancer in many cuisines, having a distinctive nutty aroma and taste.
- Strong anti-inflammatory properties
- Good for your heart
- May help control blood sugar
- May help treat arthritis
- May help heal wounds and burns
How to use Sesame Seed oil:
- Apply sesame seed oil for acne or acne scars by dabbing it onto the affected area with a cotton ball, and leaving it on overnight.
- Sesame seed oil’s antibacterial qualities make it an effective mouth rinse.
- For scalp nourishment, try massaging a small amount of sesame oil into your scalp and hair, concentrating on the ends if they’re dry. Leave the oil on your hair or scalp for at least an hour, then rinse.
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any carrier oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.