Rose oil, known as the “Queen of Oils,” is an essential oil extracted from the petals of various different types of roses. This oil is often used in aromatherapy as it is known to have certain healing properties. Aroma therapists believe that inhaling or absorbing Rose Oil can help reduce blood pressure, heart rate, and can increase the “feel-good” hormones like dopamine. Rose Oil is also believed to act as a natural antidepressant and can also help ease symptoms of arthritis, menstrual cramps, migraines, menopause, stress, depression and even Alzheimer’s disease. When used on the skin, this oil can help relieve pain and inflammation while improving the overall quality of the skin. In addition to this, Rose Essential Oil is said to enhance libido and sharpen memory.
Benefits of Rose Essential Oil:
- Reduces blood pressure and heart rate
- Acts as a natural antidepressant
- Eases menstrual cramps and pain
- Relieves symptoms of menopause
- Reduces stress and depression
- Enhances Skin
How to use Rose Essential Oil:
- Diffuse it to promote feelings of energy and vitality
- Combine it with a carrier oil and apply it on the skin to treat skin imperfections
- Inhale the oil directly from the bottle to treat anxiety, stress or depression
- Add it to a massage blend for a relaxing, indulgent massage
- Combine it to your facial cream for added moisture
- Add it to your shampoo for a floral scent and additional moisturising
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Dilute with a carrier oil before use. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any essential oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.