Neem oil is a vegetable oil pressed from the fruits and seeds of the neem, an evergreen tree which is indigenous to the Indian subcontinent and has been introduced to many other areas in the tropics. It is used in a variety of beauty products like skin creams, body lotions, hair products, and cosmetics. It is known that neem oil is a promising agent to treat aging symptoms like thinning skin, dryness, and wrinkling.
- Treats dry skin and wrinkles
- Stimulates collagen production
- Reduces scars
- Heals wounds
- Treats acne
- Minimizes warts and moles
How to use Neem oil:
- Lightly dab the neem oil onto the area using a cotton swab or cotton ball, and allow it to soak in for up to 20 minutes to get rid of acne scars.
- You can add a few drops of other oils like lavender to improve the smell. Once the oils are blended, use the combination as you would a moisturizer on the face and body.
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any carrier oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.