Lemon Essential Oil comes from the peel of the citrus lemon plant and features a bright and joyful scent. This popular and versatile citrus essential oil has powerful antioxidant properties that has just as many benefits for the skin and hair as its scent has on the environment. This oil can be used to ease stress, elevate mood, stimulate the immune system, alleviate pain, and promote weight loss. Lemon Essential Oil can be diluted and applied topically to your skin, as well as diffused into the air and inhaled. Research suggests that lemon essential oil as an ingredient that fights exhaustion, helps with depression, clears your skin, kills harmful viruses and bacteria, and reduces inflammation. Lemon is best known for its ability to cleanse toxins from the body and it’s widely used to stimulate lymphatic drainage, rejuvenate energy, purify skin, and fight bacteria and fungi.
- Acts as a natural stress reliever
- Enhances the mood
- Fights bacteria and fungi
- Cleanses toxins
- Rejuvenates energy
- Relieves nausea
- Eases digestion
- May promote weight loss
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage
- Enhances oral health
- Purifies, brightens and preserves your skin and body.
How to use Lemon essential oil:
- Diffuse it in the room for an instant mood lift
- Add the oil to a spray bottle with some water and use it as a natural disinfectant.
- Add the oil to your laundry to get rid of that musky scent.
- Mix with a carrier oil and apply it to your teeth as a natural teeth whitener
- Combine with a carrier oil and apply to your face for soft and supple skin.
- Mix it with a carrier oil and apply it to the chest and nose to eliminate mucus.
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any essential oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.