Lavender Essential Oil is reputed as one of the most versatile essential oils used in aromatherapy. Featuring a calming and emotionally balancing floral scent, the oil is particularly popular for its relaxing effects on the mind and body. Lavender Essential Oil is thought to treat skin imperfections, anxiety, fungal infections, allergies, depression, insomnia, eczema, nausea, and menstrual cramps. In essential oil practices, lavender is a multipurpose oil. It is purported to have anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, as well as antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifying, hypotensive, and sedative effects.
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil:
- Soothes skin irritation
- Reduces anxiety
- Promotes peaceful sleep
- Eases tension and stress
- Relieves muscle spasms
How to use Lavender Essential Oil:
- Diffuse it in the room to create a relaxing and stress-free atmosphere.
- Smooth onto a pillow or bedding to promote faster, deeper sleep.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and use it topically to moisturize chapped and aging skin and to sooth occasional skin irritations.
- Can be used as a natural perfume and a non-toxic air freshener.
- Can be rubbed into the scalp to eliminate lice, nits and dandruff.
- Spray the oil onto your towels for a fresh, calming scent.
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Dilute with a carrier oil before use. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any essential oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.