Flax Seed Oil, also known as flax oil or linseed oil, is made from flax seeds that have been ground and pressed to release their natural oil. Flax seed oil is high in ALA omega-3 fatty acids, which have been associated with numerous health benefits. This oil is known to improve skin smoothness and hydration, while also treating certain skin conditions like dermatitis.
Benefits of Flax Seed Oil:
- Inflammation reduction
- Reduction in cancer cell growth
- Improvement in skin health
- Improvement in heart function
- Constipation and diarrhea relief
How to use Flax Seed oil:
- To use flaxseed as a hair mask, pour a small amount of the oil into your hands and massage directly into your hair. Leave on for up to 15 minutes, then rinse out and shampoo as normal.
- You can use flaxseed as a pre-conditioning rinse after shampooing as well
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any carrier oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.