Eucalyptus is a tree native to Australia and its oil is extracted from its dried leaves. This essential oil has a slightly strong scent similar to camphor and it is commonly used to make medicine. While it’s primary benefits include easy breathing and relaxation, Eucalyptus Essential Oil is used to treat many common diseases and conditions including nasal congestion, mental exhaustion, bronchitis, plaque, gingivitis, asthma and head lice. Research suggests that the Eucalyptus leaf also contains chemicals that might help control blood sugar. Apart from this, Eucalyptus Essential Oil is also used to soothe cold symptoms and provides respiratory health benefits. Eucalyptus Essential Oil may also be used on the skin as a remedy for arthritis and skin ulcers. With purifying and clarifying properties, this oil is perfect to use as a cleaning agent and as a fabric fresher.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Enhances feelings of relaxation
- Promotes clear breathing
- Eases stress
- Eliminates harmful surface and airborne bacteria.
- Soothes irritated skin
- Relieves pain
How to use Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Diffuse the oil in the bedroom to clear nasal passages and eliminate bacteria.
- Mix it with a carrier oil and use as a cleaning agent for washing toilets, floors, countertops and windows.
- Combine to your moisturizer and apply to your skin for fortifying benefits.
- Dilute the oil and use it to nourish hair, soothe an itchy scalp, and eliminate dandruff.
- Add oil to a warm bath to rejuvenate stiff and sore muscles.
- Can be diluted with a carrier oil to create a massage blend that eases stress.
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Dilute with a carrier oil before use. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any essential oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.