Chamomile Essential Oil is regarded as one of the most ancient medicinal herbs known to mankind. Its oil has a warm, sweet and herbaceous aroma that is relaxing and calming for the mind and body. Its sedative effects are especially helpful in tackling insomnia. The oil is a natural mood enhancer that fights anxiety and depression. This oil is popular for its anti-inflammatory effects that calm skin inflammation, ease arthritis, soothe congestion, relieve digestive issues, calm headaches, sprains and muscle aches. The antispasmodic properties of Chamomile Essential Oil are also helpful in relieving menstrual cramps and body aches associated with PMS. Apart from that, Chamomile Essential Oil is actually one of the few essential oils that are safe for use with children. The oil is known to help calm irritable babies and ease temper tantrums in toddlers.
Benefits of Chamomile Essential Oil:
- Tackles insomnia
- Calms the mind and body
- Eases congestion and digestive issues
- Relieves menstrual cramps
- Relaxes muscle aches and arthritis
- Helps soothe babies and toddlers
- Boosts mood
- Fights anxiety and depression
How to use Chamomile Essential Oil:
- Diffuse it in the room to promote restful sleep
- Inhale the oil directly from the bottle to ease anxiety and depression
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply on the abdomen to relieve digestion issues
- Mix it with a carrier oil and apply it to the skin to treat skin problems.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to the bottoms of feet, temples and wrists to calm babies.
- Add to a massage blend for a relaxing and soothing experience
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Dilute with a carrier oil before use. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any essential oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.