Apricot Kernel oil is a lightweight and quick-absorbing carrier oil pressed from the oil-rich kernels of Apricots. It contains vitamins E, K and various powerful antioxidants that have a number of health benefits. Apricot Kernel oil works to moisturize and soothe dry, sensitive skin, prevent acne, heal blemishes, wrinkles, fine lines, and other symptoms of aging skin. Sweet Apricot Oil also softens the hair so that it is more manageable. It is also often used to address hair loss. Apricot carrier oil is effective in relieving stiff and aching joints as well as soothing symptoms of cold, cough, and constipation. This oil is commonly applied to itchy, chapped, wounded, or sore skin to facilitate faster healing.
Benefits of Apricot Kernel oil:
- Improves skin tone and nourishes the skin
- Lowers the appearance of aging signs, like wrinkles, lines and blemishes.
- Aids in reducing dark circles, puffiness and helps to strengthen the skin around this region.
- One of the best carrier oils for a body massage.
- Prevents hair loss in both men and women.
How to use Apricot Kernel oil:
- Apply it directly to the skin to prevent acne, inflammation and dryness.
- Apply it under the eyes to reduce dark circles, puffiness and fine lines.
- Massage the oil onto the skin and wash it off to soften the skin.
- Dilute with other carrier oils to create a hair mask that reduces scalp problems and encourages shiny, oil-free hair.
- Apply it to the skin to easily dissolve and remove oil on the skin as well as residue from oil-based makeup.
- Add it to a massage blend for an uplifting and comforting experience.
- Add it to a bowl of steaming hot water to clear the respiratory tract and relieve symptoms of asthma
Avoid contact with eyes and inner ears. Discontinue use if irritation or rash occurs. If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a history of allergic reactions, speak to a doctor before using any carrier oil. Always store the oils in a safe area away from children.